5 Most Preferred Colleges in AustraliaJan 28,20
There is no denying that Australia has gone on to become one of the most preferred destinations when it comes to higher education. Earlier it was only known to be a holiday spot that was frequented by travellers, but thanks to the education system doing wonders, today it has put itself on the map as a location that is thronged by students from all over the globe.
There are a lot of reasons why this happened, and top of the list could be the fact that the Australian government gives ample of alternatives and means for students to apply for visas and see the opportunity to study at some of the best colleges and universities that they have to offer.
Now, will also be the time to discuss and point out exactly how the universities in Australia are ranked, and this will be helpful because at a later stage you will also get to know which are the top 5 most preferred colleges that Australia has to offer. When talking about the colleges and universities in Australia the Times Higher Education Supplement (THE) is a committee that works on analysing the performance of universities and based on their parameters the college is awarded a certain rank and position. In coordination with the Quacquarelli Symonds System, each year an extensive list is taken out, that gives students globally the information about the global ranking of colleges and universities.
Each of the educational institutes is measured and judged on the following parameters set aside.
- 40% for the peer academic overview and syllabus
- 20% for the balance of student to teacher ratio
- 20% for the citations for the faculty experience
- 10% for the recruiter review
- 10% for the international orientation
This ranking system is as per the Australia region and if one is to look at the World ranking system then it is an overall parallel keeping in sight the results that are obtained by other ranking systems such as THE, QS, ARWU and the USN. In this list, we will be looking at the top 5 colleges based on the world ranking system.
/Â Seeking help with your assignments at an affordable price? Consult our qualified Australian assignment writers to achieve top grades. Grab 20% OFF on 1st Order Now! /
As per the world ranking list, these are the top 5 colleges to look out for in Australia.Â
- University of Melbourne: ranking in the first position is the University of Melbourne that has kept up with its rank for a long time. This state of the art University is home to at least 40% of international students and this university also ranks on the parameters of the number of teachers who are gainfully employed with them. There is another list that decides which are the best courses that can be studied and taken up here, and based on that list, these are the top courses that can be undertaken.
- Performing arts
- Arts and humanities
- English language and literature
- Australian National University: the performance of the Australian National University has been more or less necked to neck with the others. The one major reason why they are unable to take the lead at number 1, is because they score high grades in all parameters except one. If you are looking to explore which courses are considered the best here, then this is what you can opt for.
- Arts and social science
- Business and economics
- Engineering and computer science
- University of Sydney: considered as one of the oldest yet premier institutes of the country, the University of Sydney happens to be ranking 3rd on the world list for quite some time now. Established in the year 1850, this university ranks because of the percentage of International students gainfully studying with them. Compared to all the other universities the proportion of international students at the University of Sydney is the highest. Looking to explore which are the best subjects that you can get into there.
- Sports-related subject
- Biological science
- Engineering civil and structural
- Modern languages
- University of Queensland: want to be at the epicentre of all great inventions and research and development? Then, undeniably the University of Queensland is the place to be. Considered as a hub of the brainiest students and teachers both this university has come into the limelight for its inventions such as the cervical cancer vaccine. When at the University of Queensland, these are some of the courses that you can take up.
- Agriculture animals and food
- Business economics and tourism law
- Engineering and architecture
- Environment and planning
- Monash University: Monash University is the name that we have on the 5th position because of the name that it has garnered both locally and internationally. The University of Monash happens to have the main institute placed in Melbourne, with other sister concern branches based in Malaysia and South Africa. It is also on the list of the World’s 50 best university list and ranks based on the percentage of international students and job opportunities given to the teachers. Monash University has some of the best courses that they have to offer, and if you are looking for nothing but the best, then these are the ones that you can study.
- Pharmacy and pharmacology
- Life sciences and medicine
- Development studies