APA vs MLA: Differences to Know AboutApr 16,19
APA stands for American Psychological Association (APA). This style basically tells the collection of rules which are required while writing papers which meant to be published in journals, this style was started In 1929, the style is providing guidance to writers since then and is helping them to write with, the application of right reference citations, and to skip plagiarism right application of headlines in their work. The APA works in the field of writing, laboratory reports, scientific papers and papers that include topics such as education, psychology, and other social sciences. APA is used to understand not only the scientific writing but also it increases the ease of reading comprehension.
APA style formatting ensures the use of certain elements which are:
- Writing of italicized title in the bibliography.
- Capitalization of the title of a book.
- Parenthesis should be there while in-text citation, with the publication year, and the author’s last name, page number included
- Lines should be Double-spaced.
- Page numbers and also the abbreviated version of the title of the work – placed in the top right corner of each page.
- Presentation of numbers and statistics
- Formation of tables.
- Mentioning of references.
MLA stands for Modern Language Association; MLA format refers to the formatting of essays and research papers written in academic settings particularly in humanities. It’s the leading style in the writing of academic papers, as well as literary research in the field of humanities. It follows a defined protocol for formatting of manuscripts, MLA style pinpoints on a citation of literary works, anthologies, books, multimedia, audio-visual works, and similar works in major detail.
MLA style formatting ensures the use of certain elements which are:
- Double-spaced lines are there.
- 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Only one space after punctuation marks.
- Paragraphs must be double spaced.
- Name of author, the name of the professor, the title, of course, date of paper on the first page of the paper.
Also Read: Alliteration: Definition, Types & Examples
APA vs MLA
|The date follows the author and is in parentheses.||The date follows the publisher in the citation and is not in parentheses.|
|The last name of the author written completely while only the initials of the first name are written.||Full name (first and last) are written completely.|
|Capitalization of only the 1st word of the title, the first word of a subtitle, and proper nouns (like names) are written in capital letters and also the title is italicized.||The words in the title are written in capital letters and are underlined.|
|APA format is written by the application of commas and, if a page has to be cited then it uses p. and pp.||
|APA format Uses white paper of 8 1/2 x 11 inches.||While constructing a research paper in MLA format one must use white paper of 8 1/2 x 11 inches.|
|A font to be used is Times New Roman of Size 12 points.||A font to be used is Times New Roman of Size12 points.|
|Every page must have a header in which the page number and a short version of your paper’s title are written.|| Heading begins at 1 inch from the top of the page, it includes-
– Your name
– Professor name
– Course number
– Due date
To summarise Humanities courses are usually written using MLA guidelines while science and research fields papers are written using the APA guidelines.
We can help with All Citation Formats
If you feel that you are not so well-versed with assignment writing or are having trouble to understand any topic or if you want to write original content but you are having problems in doing so, then we offer you the appropriate guidance for you. We at Go Assignment Help understand the problems a student was due to the crunched time duration and little available resources. So, what you need to do is share with us your assignment details, problems you are facing and we will provide our best to you.
What makes us Different from Others?
- We have assigned only professionals for the handling of assignments.
- Experts in different fields are appointed for writing content related to different fields.
- Every assignment is made customized with utmost dedication.
- Friendly assistance.
- Plagiarism FREE work, originality is maintained in every assignment.
- Punctuality is maintained in delivering the work.
- Services like live chats, phone calls, and emails are available to the users all the time.
It’s been 7 years since we are helping students in their assignment and by now we have helped students with over 70000 assignments!