Expository Essay Topics
Expository Essays are unavoidable part of your educational pursuits. In fact, Expository Essay Assignments are so common that there are some freshmen writing courses dedicated entirely to the art of writing them. Good Expository Essays spring forth from a well-chosen topic. Best Expository Essay topics are ones that clear and specific, and can be explained well using arguments and evidences.
How to choose Expository Essay Writing Topics?
Expository writing is relevant for all subjects - ranging from arts and literature to science to history to math. The idea is to make your essay interesting and informative. The process of picking up an essay topic begins with 'Brainstorming'.
Here are some of the questions you must ask yourself:
- What would like to explain or explore in the expository assignment you are going to write?
- Which of these Expository Essay topics sound most exciting or interesting to you and your friends?
- Narrow down the topics with a clear purpose and high 'interest quotient'.
- Do you know enough about the topic or can you find enough information on it to explain the Expository Essay topic thoroughly?
- Which Types of Expository Essay is best suited to explain the topics you have chosen?
- Can you churn this topic into a challenging and thought-provoking Expository Essay?
For example, while choosing analytical Expository Essay Topics, you can choose to write about an event, a book or even a scientific issue that can be examined thoroughly. Topics that explain 'why' something happens make good analysis-based essays. Some of the analytical Expository Essay sample topics can be:
- Why did English settle in Australia?
- Why does India have caste system?
- Why is Greece in such economic turmoil?
- Why are animals used in research and experiments?
- Why do teenagers behave aggressively?
Expository Essay Topics for students of all levels
Here are some examples of Expository Essays we have written for school and college students of different levels:
Expository Essay Topics for Middle School Students
- Describe your first pet.
- How to make peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
- Compare and contrast your two favorite teachers.
- Discuss the causes and effects of bullying in schools.
- Why should students read news daily? How can they be motivated to do so?
- Why should other students take admission in your school?
- How do you style your hair every morning?
- Why do some students drop out of school? Discuss how it can be minimized?
- If you could live the life of a celebrity, which celebrity would you be? Why?
- Why are people in rural areas poorer than urban residents?
Expository Essay Topics for High School Students
- Skilled military leaders adapt their war tactics to the battlefield terrain they are fighting on. Choose one war from history and discuss how mountains, valleys, rivers, and deserts affected its strategies and outcomes.
- Which occupation do you think is most difficult or demanding? Discuss why you think it stressful and/or challenging.
- Leadership is about three things: to listen, to inspire, and to empower. Use this quote as your thesis statement and support each claim or main point with facts, examples, and logic.
- Think about one object you own and explain how it has affected, inspired or transformed you.
- Compare and contrast people who procrastinate every assignment and are always five minutes late with people who rise before dawn and meet deadlines early.
- How to be the best roommate?
- Describe some of the best pranks you have played on your friends or your friends have played on you.
- Do any of your friends or family members suffer from 'depression'? How to deal with it?
- Why ‘Obesity’ is considered an epidemic now? What can we do to control it?
- How can 3D printer change the field of medicine in the near future?
O-Level Expository Essay Topics
- Describe an old couple (not related to you) who live an interesting and happy life.
- What is more important: enjoying your work, or earning more money?
- What is Discipline?
- Crowd management is not easy. What do you suggest to control the behaviour of large group of people?
- Imagine a reunion of your school friends 10 years from now. How will your lives have changed?
- Define Laughter.
- Should Australia spend money on conserving endangered plants and animals? Explain your views with examples.
- ‘Selfishness is at the root of all the problems of the world’. Do you agree? Explain your views and give examples.
- If you are allowed to add one thing to your life and get rid of one thing forever, what would you choose? Why?
- ‘Youngster should always obey their elders’. Do you agree?
Expository Essay Topics for College Students
- Why is diversity in workplace important and how does it affect the workplace?
- Discuss how social media affects relationships in real life.
- Do you think it is necessary to have uniforms in school?
- Is it wise to discuss personal problems with others? How should one deal with them?
- How to overcome laziness?
- Is the world heading for World War III? How do you think it will affect us?
- How to be a smart consumer?
- What makes a person successful or unsuccessful?
- Should you work while you are studying? Give reasons for your answer.
- Is it okay to lie if you have good intentions? Give reasons for your answer.
Expository Essay Topics for University Students
- Should prostitution be legalized? Discuss.
- Do we need a new way to teach Math?
- Compare and contrast Special Education Needs (SEN) Statistics and Election Statistics.
- Compare and contrast Soul Music vs Country Music.
- What are the effects of smart phone communication tools on academic performance?
- Do you think generic modification of crops is a good idea? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your views.
- Thomas Edison said, "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration." Do you agree with his definition of 'genius'? Discuss.
- Why do we study History? Discuss what we can learn from our past.
- Even kids challenge authority now and then. Describe one time you challenged authority.
- Have you ever visited a city or a place after five or ten years? Describe how it changed during those years.
Share with us the subject and the assignment guidelines and our experts will help you come up with interesting Expository Essay Topics to work on.
How does GoAssignmentHelp help students to come up with most interesting Expository Essay topics?
GoAssignmentHelp expert have carved a niche in the Australian student community for delivering best-rated and well-edited Expository Essays in a matter of few hours. The subject experts can point out most interesting aspects of the topic or subject you are working on while our language experts are adept at giving an exciting swing to the dullest of assignment topics we receive.
Our essays win excellent grades for you at school and college because of our stringent ‘Quality Checking’ (QC) procedures. All the Expository Essays we deliver to you go through three rounds of editing-and-proofreading to make sure that they are original, have no spelling or factual errors, and have impeccable grammar.