Expository essays are often used as an evaluation tool in exams and in classrooms. They seek to illuminate, explain or 'expose' given topics. Best expository essays are the ones that assume that their readers have no background knowledge about the topic. They are informative but not dry. They tell you everything about the topic in a most fascinating manner.
GoAssignmentHelp has a strong panel of subject and language experts on panel who can provide you excellent expository essay writing help and help you complete your expository essay assignment on time. Expository Essays written by our experts cover start off with amazing leads, cover who, how, what, when, where and why of the topics covered, and contain a well-rounded analysis of the assigned topic.
After all, Expository Essay meaning can be elucidated as an essay that explains or describes an idea well. Expository Essay definition, as given on Purdue University website, states that 'it is a genre of essay requires the student to investigate an idea, evaluate evidence, expound on the idea, and set forth an argument concerning that idea in a clear and concise manner.’
There are several different ways in which expository essays can be written.
Types of Expository Essays
- Cause and Effect Essays which study why something happens and what its consequences or effects are.
- Classification Essays require you to categorise ideas or items according to their similarities and differences.
- Comparison or Contrast Essays that point out the similarities and differences between two things or ideas.
- Definition Essays explain a term or concept, and often covers what it might mean in different contexts.
- Problem or Solution Essays state a problem clearly, analyse it in detail, and propose solutions to the given problem.
- Process Essays that explain a process or a procedure step-by-step.
All these kind of essays serve different purposes in the academic world and are written in different ways.GoAssignmentHelp experts can help you come up with well-structured ‘Grade A’expository essays in a matter of few hours!
For more information, click here → Types of Expository Essays
Expository Essay Structure
Generally speaking, an Expository Essay structure has five paragraphs which can be adapted for longer or shorter essays as required. An effective Expository Essay layout has following parts:
- Introduction: The most important part of an Expository Essay format, the first paragraph not only introduces the topic but also outlines the main ideas that are presented in the essay.
An introduction usually has a hook to capture attention of the readers, some building sentences that throw light on the background information of the topic, and a thesis statement.
A Thesis Statement presents the topic and the writer’s position on it in a single sentence.
- Body Paragraphs: Usually, an Expository Essay has three body paragraphs. Each paragraph starts off with a topic sentence (or the main idea of the paragraph), supporting sentences that seek to explain or develop the idea using evidences and logic, and a concluding sentence that rounds off the point presented in the paragraph and serves as transition to the next paragraph.
- Conclusion: The last paragraph of the essay states your thesis once again (in other words), summarise the key ideas presented in body paragraphs, and includes a final thought on the topic – which might be an opinion, a solution, or a prediction.
How to come up with best Expository Essay Ideas?
Day in and day out, we work on hundreds of expository essay topics. We have realised that expository essays do not have to be dry or uninteresting. A great way to come up with some of the most eye-catching Expository Essay Ideas is to:
- Choose a topic that you really like or want to know about.
- Do a quick preliminary research on it and quickly gather and organise the information you find,
- Narrow it down to one aspect of the topic you feel drawn to.
Expository Essay Topics
While you might want your expository essay topics to be 'out of this world' and 'earth-shattering', remember that you will need to know a lot about them to be able to write a good essay on them. So, choose something that is interesting but simple.
A topic you want to know more about and appeals to your classmates too can be considered a good expository essay topic to choose.
For more information, click here ⟹ Expository Essay Topics
How to hook your readers?
No matter, how simple your topic is, you can always make it interesting with a great opening line that immediately captures the attention of your readers. Such opening sentences are known as ‘hooks’. The expository essays that earn you best grades are always the ones with great ‘hooks’.
Writing great Expository Essay Hooks is as much a science as it is an art. There are a million ways our experts come up with best essay hooks for you:
- Use Questions as hooks: Is there a better way to live life than changing the world for good?
- Use Idioms as hooks: Most people would give an arm and a leg to go back to their childhood.
- Use Anecdotes as hooks: Daniel McConnell is a man of action. He went chasing robbers in his jocks.
- Use Hyperbole as hooks: A billion people can't be wrong.
Contact GoAssignmentHelp to get instant help with your Expository Essay assignment.
Looking for an Expository Essay Template?
Writing an expository essay can be frustrating. Explaining everything about a topic may seem like too much to say and do - in too little space and time.Keeping the Expository Essay structure we have discussed above, here is an expository essay outline you may use to assemble a quick workable essay for school:
Expository Essay Examples
A ‘Grade A’ expository essay is the one which clearly states its controlling idea, organise the explanation well, is well-crafted, and is thoughtful and engaging. In an accomplished writing piece, the word choice is purposeful and sentence-to-sentence transitions are strong and meaningful.
Find some of the best-rated Expository Essay Examples written by GoAssignmentHelp experts here.
For more information, click here → Expository Essays Examples
Expository Essay Writing Tips
Once you have written your essay, use this Expository Essay checklist to see if it’s ready for submission:
- Make sure that your essay covers all the parts mentioned in the Expository Essay structure mentioned above.
- Check that each key idea you have presented has at least two to three supporting details.
- Do not use the same words over and over again. Use different words to make your essay sound interesting.
- Don't forget to edit your essay and check it for capitalization, spellings, and punctuation marks.
How does GoAssignmentHelp help students in writing Expository Essays?
When it comes to complete an Expository Essay Assignment, GoAssignmentHelp is the first name that comes to an Aussie student’s mind. The services of our organization are affordable, impeccably professional, and completely ethical. Our primary goal is to help the students learn better and offer them academic support as required. We offer on-time and prompt delivery of their assignments and help them improve their grades considerably. With proficiency in more than 100 subjects, we are able to offer best quality of writing pieces in a matter of few hours. We assist students in managing their course work load better and have created a niche in this exclusive market for maintaining complete confidentiality regarding a students’ assignment. Over the years, we have earned trust of thousands of students in Australia by writing high-quality assignments for them and have become one of the most reliable education service providers in Australia.
Send us the Expository Essay guidelines given by your teacher and our experts will deliver completed assignment to you well before time.